With the onset of winter, your hair tends to become dry and difficult
to manage. Just like the way you pay attention to your hair during
summer time and follow summer
hair care tips , similarly, to avoid damage caused by the harsh
winter dryness, proper protective measures need to be taken even during
the winter. Here are some Winter Hair care Tips that can guide you
about how to take special care for your hair during winter.
Try using the above-suggested remedies to do away with your dry winter hair. With a little care and attention, you can make your crowning glory shine with all its natural health.
- Shield you hair with a hat, cap or scarf, slightly loose enough to allow scalp circulation, to protect your hair against the chill wind in winter.
- Stepping out with wet hair can cause hair breakage, so avoid doing so.
- Do not wash your hair using hot water as this can damage your hair to a great extent. Try using lukewarm or preferably cool water while washing your hair.
- Avoid shampooing your hair too often. In winter the hair as well as the scalp dry easily and shampooing too frequently can worsen the case.
- Apply a conditioner daily. A leave in conditioner can do wonder to dry and brittle hair.
- Once your hair is conditioned, run it through cold water. Doing so can add shine to your hair.
- Avoid using blow dryers, as they tend to dry and damage the hair to a great extent. Use such hot items for your hair, as little as possible. You can try using the cool mode in your dryer to dry your hair. Although this may take long than usual, but will cause less damage to your hair.
- Should you need to blow dry or curl your hair, use a conditioner prior to using any hot item.
- Try using Hair products with the word "Replenish" written on it, as they are meant to provide moisture to your hair.
- Using hot oil can be an effective measure towards protecting your hair in winter. You can try using a natural hot oil solution like jojoba hot oil treatment for your hair and it can excellently re hydrate your dry hair.
- Static energy remains very intense during wintertime. If your hair is charged with static, brushing your hair can pose a very big problem. Static causes huge damage even with 'static free' brushes. Rub a dryer softener sheet over the brush, which can greatly detangling your hair.
- If your hair tends to become too dry during winter, try opting for a hair repair mask, which will help you replenish your hair to a great extent.
- Some intensive home made conditioners can also combat the winter dryness of hair.