Among all the hair dye
colors, the red hair dye is considered as the hardest to maintain.
This is due to the fact that when your hair is colored with red
dye, certain color molecules are absorbed by the hair. When this
happens, the molecules mentioned tend to expand (with the help of
enough amount of hydrogen peroxide) and shut in themselves under
the hairs cuticle layer in the cortex. In order for you to get started
with dying your hair red, here are some tips:
You must avoid letting your roots go more than one and a half inch. The further the hair is away from the scalp, the more susceptible you are to color banding.
- If this is your first time to dye your hair, it is suggested that you have a professional stylist or a trusted experienced friend do the dyeing. The red shade must be applied to the hair carefully as there is a need to identify your natural color base.
- It is also suggested that prior to the actual application of red hair dye, preferably a week before conditioning treatments should be used. Your hair will need excessive moisture in the process of dyeing.
- The overall goal in getting that vibrant red hair is to apply less damaging color products on the hair. When you decide to use a red hair dye, you must first find and invest in a semi-permanent rinse that suits your preferred color shade. Since a semi-permanent mixture is necessary, in this case, it is important that the hair dye color must not be combined with a developer of any kind. Although there may be other products that claim to be safe and less damaging, the trouble in the application of these mild products may ultimately lead to dry and damaged hair. This is why it is recommended to use readily available products, as they are perfect for quick cosmetic purposes and safe to use as often as you want.
- As also considered a standard procedure in hair dyeing, utilize a pair of gloves and wear something that you least like; otherwise, red stains may be a sore sight on your favorite shirt.
- User hair care products that support your hair coloring. Pick a shampoo and conditioner that are one shade lighter, if in case the exact shade cannot be found.
- In dyeing your hair, do not let the red hair dye get too faded.
Doing this will reinforce you're the color as the pigment builds
up and stains over a period of time. This will also ensure that
your hair will be rich, vibrant, and strong, making it always