Here are some hair care tips that you can use to improve the health
and look of your hair.
- A healthy lifestyle will mean
healthier body and mind including healthy hair for you too. Diet
and Hair loss are closely associated, and hence you must pay
attention to your diet for a healthy hair. Excessive stress, smoking,
not exercising and scarcity of nutrition are can prevent your
hair from remaining healthy. Get the required amount of sleep.
- While choosing your styling products,
make sure that the main component is not alcohol. Presence of
too much of alcohol tends to make your hair dry.
- Avoid putting your hair styling products directly on your scalp.
Doing so will clog the pores on your head.
- Before entering a pool, wet your hair so your hair will soak
up the initial water instead of the chlorinated water in the swimming
pool. When swimming, remember to wear a cap to protect your hair
from chlorinated water. In case you are not wearing a cap make
sure that you shampoo and condition your hair properly after your
swimming is over.
- Hot air can be damaging to your hair.
So avoid or minimize the use of hair dryers and hot curlers as
much as possible. If you are at all using a hair dryer make sure
you use the cool mode of the hair dryer.
- Avoid using the blow dryer at one spot
for more than a few seconds. Instead, keep it moving
and most importantly you keep it at a good distance away from
- To speed up the drying process, blot your hair dry with a towel
instead of rubbing it to dry it. Leave the remaining moisture
in your hair and let it dry naturally rather than drying it with
a blow dryer.
- If you notice a difficult knot in your hair, use your fingers
to detangle it instead of combing it, which can result in breakage
- Hair tends to be most fragile when it is wet. Avoid brushing
or combing when it's wet, as doing so can cause breakage of hair.
Wait until your hair is almost dry before you attempt brushing
- Use wide toothed and smooth tipped brushes or combs. Sharp
and smaller toothed combs can cause damage to your hair.
- Keep your brushes and combs clean by
washing them every week using soap or shampoo.
- Make sure you comb your hair with wide toothed comb or use
your fingers to remove any tangles before you start brushing it.
- Begin by combing your hair gently at the ends to get any tangles
out and work your way up to the root of your hair.
- Remember to always brush or comb your hair with a down ward
- Avoid using plastic brushes or combs, which create static electricity,
thus resulting in causing damage to your hair.
- Learn your hair type, whether it is dry or oily and purchase
shampoos & conditioners that are best suited for your hair type.
Trial and error and extensive research is the best way to find
out which particular hair product is ideal for your hair.
- Shower with warm or cool water. Hot water
can dry and irritate your scalp, resulting in irritation at times