One of the most popular hairstyles today is the layered hairstyle.
This type of hairstyle is versatile since it can be worn in a lot
of ways. It must be noted, however, that when choosing to have a
layered haircut, growing the layers out can take long.
Basically, layers are cut in different lengths to get this type
of look. For example, in other styles a lot of layers are closely
cut together, creating an overall fringe. On the other hand, there
are also those styles that only have several varied lengths positioned
for the best effect. Below are specific types of layered hairstyles.
- Short Layers With this hairstyle, the
layers are much defined. The front and the sides are both layered.
- Medium Layers
Medium hair lengths look great with layers. The medium layered hairstyle is not as defined as the previous style mentioned. A good amount of texture and definition is provided by this layered hairstyle as the front bangs give that fabulous framing that suits any shape of face.
Another layered hairstyle is the long choppy layers, which is a unique combination of a choppy cut and layers. Although the cut is a lot longer and defined to compliment the choppy ends, the hairstyle still provides definition.
Going for layered hairstyles has many benefits. These include the following points.
- Layered hairstyles add more volume to the hair, making it look lively and bouncy without using excessive chemicals.
- An old style is improved when layers are added, making the style appropriate for any age. The change is also not drastic.
- Heavily damaged hair that has broken ends can be helped by them off. This hairstyle is most recommended to eliminate split ends.
- Layered hairstyles can improve the overall look by balancing the face shape.
Layered hairstyles are most suitable for straight and long hair since very curly hair does not give the same results as the straight hair. As an effect, the curls tend to tighten and disrupt the layered look. This makes you appear scruffy.