One of the most frequently asked questions in hair care is how to
make hair grow faster. There are those who are interested in growing
their hair quickly from a very short length to a long one. Unfortunately,
simply you cannot make your hair grow faster just in a couple of
days or weeks. Although, there are some products in the market today
that claim they can enable rapid hair growth, there is still no
magic quick fix that will make hair grow faster. On most people,
the average growth rate is only half an inch per month or a maximum
of six inches in a year.
Having said that hair cannot be grown over night, there are things that you can do to boost the growth potential of your hair. Listed below are some tips that can help make you grow strong and healthy hair.
- Using a mild shampoo, specifically designed for your type of hair, will give your hair the proper cleansing and nourishment it needs.
- Applying conditioner after every shampoo will protect your hair from tangling or knotting, as well as restore the natural condition of hair.
- Trim your hair regularly to get rid of split ends.
- Avoid exposing your hair to too much heat from using hot water, or heat-styling appliances, or from ultraviolet rays from direct sunlight.
- Eating nutritious food especially protein-rich foods.
- Take vitamins and minerals which include vitamin B-6, biotin, Inositol, folic acid, beta-carotene, magnesium, sulfur, silica, and zinc.
- Get enough rest as you can. Your body grows your hair as you sleep.
- Do the basic hair care routine- hair brushing, scalp massage, shampooing, rinsing, conditioning and drying. Doing the routine properly will make the hair healthy.
Always remember that healthy hair means having a healthy body. Stress, illness, some medications, poor hair care regimen, and poor diet can slow down hair growth, and may even lead to hair loss.