Growing long, healthy and beautiful hair is not as daunting as you
would think. You do not need to use any expensive products nor do
you need to visit hair salons for costly treatments. What it usually
takes is patience, dedication, and common sense.
The decision to grow your hair long is a commitment; growing your hair long, no matter the length, takes caution and a concious effort to keep the hair healthy and manageable. Here are a few tips on how you can take care of your hair, keeping it healthy while growing it out to your desired length:
- First off, if you intend to grow out your hair, you will need to start
from scratch start with only healthy hair. This may sound drastic,
but it is important that you start off without any damaged hair.
You can do this by trimming off the entire length of damaged hair.
- Have your hair trimmed regularly. You can go to your trusted hair stylist for this; however, if you cannot find anyone to do the trimming for you, try visiting a salon that specializes in long hair.
- Do not, as much as possible, use any heated appliances on your hair
this includes blow drying, using curling irons, hot rollers and
- Do not use any product that may contain harsh chemicals on your hair. Start saying no to perms and peroxide.
- Try to avoid salt water and chlorine; if swimming is unavoidable, remember to shampoo your hair immediately after exposure to chlorine or saltwater.
- Be very careful when using hair clips or jewelry. Do not use
barrettes made of metal; avoid using rubberbands at all costs
- Never expose your hair to styling stress this means no tight braids
or coils. You should also avoid pulling on your hair too tight
- Eat healthy. The right kind of food with the proper amount of vitamins and minerals will not only make you healthy, it will also contribute greatly to the health of your hair.
- Be gentle to your hair. Avoid vigorous rubbing and brushing when wet. When styling, use the appropriate brush or comb.
These are only some of the things you can do to grow healthy hair. The most important thing to remember, however, is that the state of your hair is merely a reflection of your body's overall health. So keep yourself healthy to grow healthier hair.