Growing healthy black hair takes about the same effort as other
types of hair. Your genes play a huge role in the type of hair you
have, but you can ensure that it grows healthy and beautiful by
doing a few simple things:
- Get regular trims Regular visits to your
stylist as well as regular trims, preferably one every 10 weeks,
should be part of your hair care regimen.
- Stimulate blood flow to your head Massaging
your scalp at least once a day helps promote better circulation
of blood in your scalp.
- Eat the right kind of food Eat well-balanced
meals; you should also consider taking vitamin and mineral supplements.
- Drink plenty of water Drinking enough water,
about eight to ten glasses in a single day, is essential to growing
healthy hair. Water cleanses your body of any toxins, impurities,
and other chemicals that may hamper the growth of hair.
- Be gentle on your hair Use hair
products that are gentle on your hair and scalp. You should
also avoid using any hot tools like blow dryers or flat irons.
When styling your hair, do not pull too hard as this may cause
unnecessary strain on your hair and scalp. Lastly, let your scalp
breathe every once in a while – avoid using heavy oils on
your hair as they may clog your follicles.
- Live a healthy life Try to live a healthier
life, avoid smoking, drinking and get plenty of rest.
Here ar a few tips specific to growing healthy black hair:
- Eat green leafy vegetables these types of
vegetables are best for promoting the growth of healthy black
hair as these come with the right kind of vitamins and minerals
required to keep the body and hair healthy.
- Eat as much protein as you can try
getting as much protein in your diet as possible. Some good sources
of protein are fish, beans, nuts and meat.
- Use mild and natural hair products look for
hair care products that are made using natural and organic ingredients.
You should also look for vitamin enriched shampoos and conditioners.
- Watch what you drink Avoid drinking too much
alcohol and drinks that are loaded with unnatural sugars. Drink
- Drink vitamins consider drinking vitamin
and mineral supplements.