Aside from the current hair accessory trends of the head bands (or
the so-called Alice bands), the jewelled hair combs and barrettes,
the floral hair accessories have continually been, and by far is
the most popular hair accessory trend for formal occasions, particularly
on wedding events. Flowers that are placed on the hair have been
popular throughout the years on the said occasion and may have regained
the fashion spotlight last 2004 as there were Hollywood stars that
have been seen wearing assorted types of creatively formed flowers,
possibly made with silk and other interesting materials.
Not only are floral hair accessories perfect for weddings and other
formal occasions, but also for summer flair to your outfits. With
a wide variety of clips and headbands, you are guaranteed to have
different choices to choose from that will match what you need;
however if you wish to make your own designs, here's a quick how-to.
Before doing the steps, make sure to gather all the materials you
need. These will include the following items:
- Floral wire
- Floral tape
- Hair clip
- Some silk flowers (with your preferred sizes)
Below are the steps.
- Imagine what kind of floral hair accessory you want. From there you will be able to make an estimate of how many flowers you will need. Also, when doing this step, consider the hair clip you will be using.
- Begin wiring your flowers by taking the floral wire of about 6 inches long. Half-way to the base of the flower, push the wire through it and then bend it toward the flower stem.
- After doing the same procedure for all the flowers you intend to put on the hair clip, wrap the stems with the floral tape.
- Now, you may attached the flowers ot the hair clip using another length of floral wire. Make sure the handle of the hair clip is free as well as 1 of its side.
- You can then use the ribbon to also secure the flowers.
- You are now ready to use your very own floral hair accessory