You have a wedding dress ready, a hair
style has been chosen, accessories
are at hand, and everything else has been prepared. What you need
to do now is relax and conduct a run through or trial run for your
bridal hair style.
To have everything, even the smallest detail, perfect for your
wedding day, you will need to anticipate any would be problems –
this includes your dress, your makeup, your nails, your shoes, and
of course, your hair. Apart from your wedding dress, your hair is
probably one of the other most noticeable things on your wedding
day, it is after all, your crowning glory.
If you come across a snag in your hair style, everybody notices, so it is best to avoid any surprises and just be prepared. This is what the consultation and bridal hair trial run is for. Prior to the run through, you will need to visit your stylist for a consultation. To do this, contact your hair stylist to set up an appointment. During this consultation, the stylist will answer the following questions:
- Does the style suit your hair type and texture?
- Does the style suit the length of your hair?
- Will the style be able to support your chosen hair accessory? And lastly
- Whether or not the stylist needs to preorder any products needed to achieve your desired hair style.
Once everything about the style and its suitability to your hair type, length, and accessories have been determined, you can then proceed to scheduling a run through for your hair style. Run-throughs are generally done a few weeks before the wedding. Here are a few things that should be done and will happen during your visit to the salon for a trial run:
- You will need to bring the head piece or any other hair accessory you intend to wear during the wedding.
- You may need to get hair your hair trimmed, depending on the state it is in. These trims are usually done to eliminate the dry or split ends.
- The stylist will complete the hair style as they would on the wedding day itself.
- In creating the hair style, the stylist will inform you whether it is doable or not. He may also recommend any modifications to make the style work for you.
- You will need to ask for any recommendations on what to use to maintain the hairstyle.
The trial run is a great time to estimate the time required to finish the entire hair style. Do not leave anything to chance. Schedule a run through at your hair salon to avoid any disappointments or surprises on your special day.