There have always been hard and fast rules when it comes to wedding
expenses. Who pays for what were very well defined, that is, until
a few years back. Nowadays, the issues on payment have become quite
flexible despite having some expenses very well defined.
It is expected that the bride pays for her own wedding dress, her
husband-to-bes wedding ring and the grooms gift. Her expenses also
include hair styling and skin care costs. As for the rest of the
bridal party, it is generally understood that they are to pay for
their own attires as well as hair styling and makeup expenses.
There are, however, a few items related to bridal and bridal party hair that are flexible when it comes to cost. Here are a few tips you may want to remember when figuring out and determining expenses for your bridal attendants and bridesmaids:
- Your wedding attendants should be responsible for their own hair styling costs if you do not require them to wear their hair in a certain way.
- If you intend to ask your wedding attendants to wear similar hair accessories for your wedding, but do not require that they have the same hairstyle, they should cover the cost for their hair.
- If you have a very formal wedding and will require all your wedding attendants to wear a headpiece that will match their gowns or dresses, the attendant is still expected to pay for their hair, makeup, shoes, and dress.
- If you want your attendants to wear flowers in their hair that match the bouquets you want them to use, you should cover the cost for the flowers. You may ask your florist to design bouquets to match the flower you want your wedding attendants to wear. In this way, all the details in your wedding meshes well with everything else.
- You may or may not pay for the cost of a barrette or hair comb if you want your wedding attendants to use one for the wedding. You can also consider to simply give the accessory away as gifts to your wedding attendants.
- The groom should, as a rule, pay for his own hair. The groomsmen should do the same thing as well.
- As for the bride and grooms mothers, it is a given that they, including
all other female relatives invited to the wedding, handle their
own hair styling and make up expenses.
When planning your wedding hair style and design, you should be both creative and considerate of your bridal party. Practice and exercise good communication skills to get all the kinks out of the way so you can enjoy a hassle and stress free wedding day.