Blonde as a hair color is typically found in people who have low
levels of th dark pigment known as eumelanin. There are several
variations of this particular hair color, however, the most prevalent
characteristic is its yellowish hue. Variants range from a very
pale blonde to a reddish blonde color sometimes known as strawberry
blonde. Other variations of this hair color are:
- platinum blonde – sometimes known as towhead, this shade of blonde is very pale and may even look white at times. This particular shade is almost always found in children and rarely in adults.
- ash blonde – this shade is ashen with gray undertones
- honey or golden blonde – a lighter tyep of blonde, this shade comes with a golden cast.
- sunny blonde – approaching light yellow and can be very bright.
- hazy blonde – also known as zebra blonde, hazy blonde hair is streaked with blonde and brunette colors.
- dirty blonde – a dark shade of blonde, dirty blonde hair may also be called dishwater blonde.
- brownish blonde – the darkest shade of this hair color, brownish blonde may sometimes seem like dark blonde or light brown.
Some individuals who are not born with this hair color may opt to dye their hair blonde. With the wide range of blonde shades and the fact that ot everyone can look good as a blonde, making the right color choice is important. Here are a few rules you may want to look into when considering which color to choose:
- Individuals that have skin with yellow undertones should not go for a deep shade of blonde.
- For people with pink skin, strawberry or reddish shades are not recommended.
- If you intend to dye your hair by yourself, avoid going for a very drastic change. Instead, go for a couple of shads lighter than your hair color.
You should also learn to take care of your blond locks and keep them healthy.
Avoid blow drying your hair; if you really need to do so, apply the proper conditioning product.
If your blonde hair has become severely damaged, try going for lowlights when coloring your hair. Lowlights usually provide for more moisture in your hair and will allow your hair to recover.