For those who really want to try a natural hair dye especially for
dyeing their hair blonde, here is a quick and simple how-to make
a homemade blonde hair dye. Please take note that this guide is
particularly for those with a very strong determination in making
their own blonde hair dye.
Make sure you gather everything that you need, from the simplest tool, this will save you the hassle of running for other things while you are working on your hair. You will need the following items:
- Freshly squeezed and strained lemon juice
- Marigold flowers
- Powdered rhubarb root
- Acacia honey
- Cider vinegar
- Liquor alcohol
Once you have all that you need do the following.
- Put the ½ liter cider vinegar and the 30 grams rhubarb powder in a saucepan. Wait for the liquid to boil for exactly 10 minutes over medium heat. Over heating the mixture may cause problems at the end of the whole process.
- Add the 20 grams chamomile, and 20 grams marigold flowers. Wait for the mixture to simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and let the covered concoction stand for a couple of minutes until it is a bit cool.
- Using a fine sieve, filter the mixture, making sure that the liquid in the herbs left in the sieve is squeezed out.
- Add in the 2 ounces of honey, the 2 ounces alcohol, and the 2/3 ounces lemon juice to the concoction.
- Make sure to place a cap on the bottle and store the mixture in a safe place.
There are two ways that you can do to use your homemade blonde hair dye. 1) Use a dilution of the mixture by adding a tablespoon of the mixture for each liter of your final hair rinse water; and 2) For enhancing your highlights, apply the mixture directly toyour hair and leave it on for about 30 minutes.
Remember that the natural blonde hair dye that you created may last from two to three weeks depending on your usage. Also, the mixture is best kept refrigerated. Lastly, enjoy your new natural blonde look.